Sunday 22 March 2015

You

My heart skips a beat
Each time I catch your eye
You seem so perfect and flawless to me
I would gladly believe your every lie

I am captured by your presence
Though I do not show
You bring my heart to a halt
You never make me feel low

You take my breath away
Whenever you say my name
I'm terrified of loving you
I'm scared it's just a game

A single touch from you
Sends shivers straight through me
It starts at the top of my head
And is pulled straight down by gravity

You pierce me within with a single smouldering look
But I am so fearful of being trapped in love's hook

Love has taught me many things
But fear I remember only
Of how one can unwind you completely
And then leave you feeling so lost and lonely

And so I keep my distance
I dare not take a sip out of love's cup
Out of fear that you won't love the inner me
I dare not open up

But you are all I think of
My not-so-secret love
You are my everything
You I already love.

-Deveney Abilene Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment